Top Avocado News:
Hass avocado set to be Muranga’s cash cow as free seedlings given out
Interesting key points about this article:
- Farmers in Muranga earned Kenya Shillings 2.5 billion from avocado sales in 2018.
- County government of muranga promotes the growth of Avocado sector by giving free seedlings. In 2018, the county gave 500,000 seedlings and in 2019, 500,000 seedlings.
- A mature Avocado tree in Muranga is capable of producing 6,000 fruits in a year,
- Muranga county is the largest producer of Hass avocado in Kenya
Murang’a avocado farmers get Sh88 million
Key points about this article:
- Farmers earn Ksh 88 million from the sale of Hass avocado to Kakuzi
- Over 3,000 farmers are engaged by Kakuzi in contract farming.
- The highest paid Avocado fetched KSh 48 per piece.
- Muranga county government seeks to partner with companies to make Muranga fruits sell globally.
Kirinyaga farmers set to earn Ksh.15 million from avocado seedlings
Key Points In This article:
- The rising demand for Avocado in The local and export market Present Immence opportunity for Kirinyaga County farmers,
- Kririnyaga County annual production is 15,000 metric tons worth about 300 million.
- Production is expected to go up to 21,000 metric tons and fetch Ksh 700 million.
- Kenya’s 2020 Economic survey shows export earnings of Avocado incresed by 3.1% earning the country 13.2 billion from 12.8 billion.
- Kenya exported about 68,00 tons of Avocado in 2020.