Category: Fruit Production
In the first three weeks of the 2021/22 campaign, the average prices of oranges, tangerines, and lemons have decreased by 11% on average each week as a result of accumulated delays in container transport that have affected the current supply of southern hemisphere citrus fruit on the world market.
The average prices of these citrus fruits at their source have been 16.5% lower than those registered in the same weeks of the 2020/21 campaign (when they were especially high due to COVID-19) and 9.8% lower than in the same period of the five preceding campaigns.
“However, professionals in the sector expect prices to increase in the coming weeks as a result of the decrease in the supply of citrus fruits in the market and the increase in demand due to the arrival of winter in Europe,” the Prices and Markets Observatory stated.Read More
This season’s crop of Navel oranges is flat compared to last year at this time. “The crop shows...Read More
Avocado export ban The horticulture regulator has banned exports of Kenya’s popular avocado...Read More
1. What is the right environment for watermelon?
2. Watermelon can yield up to…. tons/acre
3. Do these to choose the right variety to grow
4. 21 watermelon varieties in Kenya
5. The Best month to grow watermelon is….?
6. Watch out for these watermelon pests lest they destroy your fruits
7. How to prepare your land before planting watermelon
8. How to find buyers for your fruits
These questions and More are answered in this book.
Download it for free