Have you ever wanted to create a WordPress website, but you were clueless about it? If you’ve ever felt that way, I was in the same boat with you.
I clearly remember the day I decided to… “Create a NEW WordPress website on my own.”
It was a sunny Sunday afternoon.
Three years ago.
I wanted to create a WordPress website, so that I could get… more customers… more leads… and build my brand without spending a fortune.
“Who in the world does not want such things?”
However, when I thought for a moment, about the enormity of my decision, my heart almost skipped a beat.
Just imagine this…
A man who had absolutely zero coding skills, slow unreliable internet connection, and who had never made an online purchase, “deciding to create a new WordPress website.”
For such a man, that was indeed a big decision. It bordered on madness. But, he made it. “How could one without a clue on coding create a wordpress blog?” “Was that not like diving into swimming pull without having a clue about swimming?”
If you are reading this, and you are a wordpress pro, you have the permission to laugh at me–and anyone having similar fears. That’s OK.
But if you who have no idea on how create a WordPress website, you know how it feels. How… one can get helpless… how one can be so fearful. But this changed, when I discovered it was not as tough as I imagined.
As you read down this post, you will see how I succeeded, at creating a wordpress website, beyond my wildest dreams!
“To some people, deciding to create a New WordPress website is as easy as buying candy from a supermarket.”
To others, it is like rocket science. If you belong to the second group don’t worry, you can create a website that, “could surprise even the pros!”
Back to my story..
Despite the fear and the risk, that came with creating a WordPress blog on my own, the thought of harvesting more leads and more profit through my website, made resolute in my decision. And in my opinion, I think that was the greatest factor to my eventual success.
Want to create a profitable WordPress website on your Own–Don’t let fear prevent you from doing it
“Will I be able to make it? Will I lose my hard earned cash? Will I…?” These questions tormented me, just as they would torment you, if you are WordPress beginner.
Despite all my fears, I vowed that… “I will Never outsource this job to another person.” I swore–on my own, I would create a profitable WordPress website—no matter what.
I came to this tough decision, because two years ago, I had entrusted my first two WordPress websites to “some experts,” but what they did to me… ONLY God knows.
But when I took a risk to do it on my own, I succeeded beyond my wildest expectations. But that’s not the story…
- The truth is, you can run a business without a website. You could use the free online marketing resources. Resources like: Facebook pages, Blogger, WordPress.com, twitter, Digg and others. Suppose you get banned from them–something that happens all the time–or terms of service of these platforms change making it unfeasable for you–will you be happy with that?
- When create your own website, you own it plus all its data. Your site will NOT be turned off because someone decides that it is against their terms of service (as long as you are not doing something illegal).
- You are in full control of the profitability of your business.
- You can add free, paid, and custom WordPress plugins / apps to your website, thus increase its functionality. This is not possible if you are using free platforms like blogger or WordPress.com
- You can use and customize your website design as needed. You can add any free or paid WordPress theme that you want. You can also create completely custom designs or modify anything that you want.
- You can actually make money from your WordPress site by running your own ads without sharing revenue with anyone.
- You can use powerful tools like Google Analytics for custom analytics and tracking.
- You can use self-hosted WordPress to create an online store to sell digital or physical products, accept credit card payments, and deliver / ship the goods directly from your website. OH…This is a sweet one!
- You can also create membership sites and sell memberships for premium content, courses, etc and build an online community around your website.
The benefits of having a WordPress website are many, many many!
In this post, I have outlined all the STEPS to follow to create a WordPress website the RIGHT WAY like an expert.
If someone–who had ZERO skills on WordPress and as fearful as me could do it, you– can do it too!
No coding skills necessary.
However, things changed–for the better, when I took a risk to try it on my own.
That’s why I want to tell you:
If you understand a little English, you are more than qualified, to create a profitable WordPress website on your own. I am saying this out of experience. It is really easy to start.
Such that, I am convinced that if you follow the instructions here, and you try it, you’ll succeed beyond your imagination.
“The level of coding skills doesn’t matter.”
Creating a profitable website is like rowing downstream, even if you know absolutely nothing on coding. Whether you are an upcoming blogger, a small business owner, in 15 minutes or less, you can build a stunning WordPress website—without help from anyone!
Let me explain How…
“Believe, it or not, with one to three clicks of a button, you can create and host a website—even if you are a WordPress hosting beginner.”
With all this ease if staring a website, you should install WordPress website on your own. The technology in is your favor, you can do it. So, if you are passionate about blogging, don’t spend hundreds of dollars outsourcing website creation and hosting to a third party.
Even a high school boy or girl can start a blog from scratch. I’m not saying this to despise you. All i want to say is that doing it is so easy. If a high school child can do it, what about you? All they need to do, if they have no knowledge is to read the various hosting tutorials, and the follow the instructions.
If you still feel jittery on starting a website, carefully read the tutorials of reputable a WordPress hosts. For example Siteground’s tutorials are simple and detailed. With them in your hand, you’ll never go wrong when installing a WordPress Blog.
You Are Not Alone…
Thousands of people who Currently own a WordPress website are clueless on how coding works. The same way you don’t have to be an engineer to drive a car, is the same way you don’t have to know coding to install a Profitable WordPress website.
4 things you need to start a Profitable self hosted WordPress website if you Currently don’t have one
Put all the materials you need together
You will need:
- To have a credit or pre-paid MasterCard, Visa card, or American Express card that has $60-80* (total amount you need is dependent on the hosting plan you choose, and your host).
- A working email account/address (your webhost will send the username, admin url, and domain name of your website to the email you provide.
- Postal address
- Telephone number
Once you have assembled all this, you are ready for step 2.
Choose a suitable webhost
To create a good WordPress website, it must be hosted by a reliable webhost. Therefore, this step involves a little research. As you research, consider a webhost who is:
- Has a reputation of quick support to customers
- Has a reputation of hosting super fast websites
- Has hosting terms and conditions that you feel comfortable with
Once you have chosen a webhost, and you have everything you need, you can Sign up for the hosting service
For most webhosts, the signup process is very easy. However, I prefer siteground because they are super easy to work with. You start by giving your personal information like address, name, etc. next you get a password and username for your hosting account.
Setting up the wordpress website
[This will vary with the host you choose] But if you choose siteground, the first step, involves:
I: Choosing a domain name for your new website.
All you need to do is fill in your preferred domain name, then click enter. Siteground will check for you if the domain name is available.
If it is, you’ll be prompted to proceed to the next step of
II: Paying for the service.
Most webhosting companies prefer that you pay by credit card, but pre-debit card also works. Personaly I prefer to use a pre-paid debit card, because this reduces risks.
Once the payment is succesful, you’ll be prompted to:
III: Choose a username and password for the WordPress website you’ll be creating
Please ensure you choose a strong password and user name for your website. Don’t forget to write your password somewhere, because if you forget it, you’ll be forced to reset it again. Reseting the password is easy but it is better that you don’t forget it
After these, you will then be asked to:
IV: Choose a website theme
You will have to choose one of those provided by siteground. You can change the theme much later after your website is set up.
Once you do this, your website will be created, and your host will email you the URL of your admin area of your WordPress blog and its user name. You can then use the password ( you wrote down) and the username sent to your email to log in the admin area of website.
Your next step will be to
V: Customize your theme
You can decide to use the free default theme that you intalled with the website, or you can buy a new theme.
Depending on the type of theme you are using you can be able to customize the background of your pages, but most themes have pre-made templates you can use for your blog.
Here is a tutorial from siteground showing you how to customise your new page on WordPress once it is created. Just click it, and it will take you straight to the info you need to customise your theme. After customizing your theme the next step is to…