Current demand of passion fruit:
Every once in a while, passion fruit farmers are a worried lot.
They wonder if the market still needs their passion fruits.
So real is the worry, because it isn’t easy for them to shift from growing passionfruit to something else without incurring huge losses.
The low demand you’re probably experiencing is just temporary.
There are good times ahead.
Download Your Free Passion Fruit Growing Guide
Learn how to:
- Harvest up to 30+ tons per acre of passion fruit.
- Find buyers who are willing to pay you handsome prices for every kilo of passion you sell to them.
- Use Special fertilizer applications and COMBINATIONS that give you an edge in fruit production.
- 5 creative ways of marketing your fruit so that you don’t EVER lack buyers…
- and Much Much More
The Market Demand for Kenyan Passion Is Rising in Europe
If you are in the farm produce export market, things are even looking better for you.
I am saying this because…
Moroccan and Dutch specialist wholesalers are receiving the Kenyan passion fruit—very well.
They’ve realized that:
“Kenyan passions are just as sweet in taste as those from South America.”
No wonder there surges in market demand for Kenyan passion from Late August to Early September when the European holiday season comes to an end—that passion exporters can’t meet.
Isn’t that encouraging news?
Why worry about temporary drops in demand when that is part of the production cycle?
Stella Rasmussen, the Managing Director of Stella Rasmussen LTD, confirms the WONDERFUL prospects of the Kenyan passionfruit market.
In an interview on Fresh Plaza.com, she says:
Passion fruit has developed from an absolute marginal phenomenon to a growth area.
We are seeing increasing demand from the most important markets of Kenyan passion fruit (Middle East, the Netherlands and Great Britain.”)
That’s not all.
I am Not a Passion Exporter, What Does the Passion Fruit Market Have for Me?
To be honest, it is very difficult for small farmers to sell any agricultural commodity in Kenya.
First, they often get difficulties in finding buyers who are willing to offer the right price for passion.
Willing buyers often undervalue the farmers produce thus causing hardships to farmers.
Second, they face logistical challenges. Transporting the fruits from the farm to the consumers is almost impossible.
They have to put up with poor roads, high cost of transport, delays, double taxation by the county governments and more.
Nevertheless, there is a way out.
There’s a way in which small passion fruit farmers can profit from passion fruit.
To beat the low prices, offered in the local market, you need to be creative in your marketing.
Instead of selling to brokers, who offer poor prices, you can sell directly to consumers.
- Use social media platforms like Facebook, twitter, Pin interest, WhatsApp to reach potential customers.
- Strike deals with huge buyers like hotels, schools or hospitals who’d be willing to buy a lot more fruit.
- Process the fruit into juice and sell it to potential customers like friends, church members, workmates, neighbors etc.
- Transit from selling to the local market, into selling to the export market.
- Think, think and be more creative and you’ll find a way out.
FREE EBOOK: How To Become A Passion Fruit Exporter
Would like to receive info that will help you become a passion fruit exporter?
We have that info right here.
You will learn:
- The do’s and don’ts of the export market.
- Regulatory framework governing the export of passion fruits to the EU,
- How to become a certified passion fruit exporter even if you have land that is less than 5 acres, in fact 1 acre is enough to make you a certified passion farmer.
By clicking on the button, you get all this and much more.
Join our PRIVATE telegram channel where we have this exclusive info.
Don’t let others profit, when you could profit too!